Terms of Attendance & Participation
As a registered attendee or participant ("you") of Hashtag Sports 2022 including all related conferences, summits, and conventions (the "Festival"), the Hashtag Sports Awards (the "Awards"), Creators of Color (the "Creators United Summit"), digital events including the Hashtag Sports LIVE series, or any other Hashtag Sports affiliated event including but not limited to dinners, salons, webinars, seminars, workshops, programs, and bootcamps, you agree to these terms and conditions (the "Agreement") with Activ8Social, LLC d/b/a Hashtag Sports (the "Organizer") for all of the aforementioned collectively referred to as (the "Events"),
If you are completing the registration on behalf of another individual, you warrant that you have made the attendee or participant aware of this Agreement and that he or she has accepted these terms and conditions.
Organizer reserves the right to make changes to the terms and conditions of this Agreement at any time without notice to you, so please check the website and review from time to time.
The last material date of amendment is October 22, 2021.
- Admittance. Your registration entitles you only to admittance to the event for which you registered. All other costs associated with your attendance (e.g. home or office A/V equipment, travel, and accommodation expenses) shall be borne solely by you, and Organizer shall have no liability for such costs.
- Consent to Use of Likeness. By attending any and each of the Events, you grant Organizer the right to record, film, photograph, or capture your likeness in any media and to distribute, broadcast, use, or otherwise disseminate, in perpetuity, such media without any further approval from you or any payment to you.
- Content. Organizer, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to change any and all aspects of any and each of the Events, including but not limited to, the Festival name, themes, content, program, speakers, moderators, venue, and time without advanced written notice.
- Identification. If requested by an official representative of the Organizer, you must verify ownership of the email address registered to your virtual seat.
- COVID-19 Vaccination. If requested by an official representative of the Organizer, you must present official documentation and identification supporting vaccination status per the event vaccination policy.
- Limitations on Use. By registering, you agree not to share, transfer, sell or trade your virtual seat. If you violate this policy, Organizer may cancel your attendance and retain any payments.
- Photography, Recording, and Videotaping. You may not record audio or video of sessions at or during any and each of the Events. Organizer allows cameras on the event floor. You may take pictures within the event for purposes of company or annual reports, company media pieces, marketing materials, etc. Organizer reserves the right to request immediate takedown and deletion of any prohibited audio or video recording distributed on any medium.
- Payment. Applicable fees are due upon event registration. If payment is insufficient or declined for any reason, Organizer may refuse to admit you and shall have no resulting liability.
- Taxes and Credit Card Processing Fees. Sales tax and credit card merchant processing fees are charged in addition to the event registration fee.
- No Retroactive Fees Adjustments. Once you have registered, your payment will not be adjusted downward based on any sponsorship, discount, or any other reason.
- Discount and Special Rates. If you register using a special rate that is not applicable to you, you hereby give Organizer the right to charge your credit card or means of electronic payment for the difference in the special rate vs. standard rate upon notice that Organizer does not agree with your selection of a special rate. All determinations of special rates are at the sole discretion of Organizer. Even if you meet the definition and requirements of a special rate, Organizer reserves the right to not provide you any special rate.
- Discount Codes. Discount codes may not be used with certain promotions.
Cancellation, Substitution, and Lost Badge Policy
- Attendee Fees are Non-Refundable. Organizer does not issue refunds for any reason for any ticket type for any of the Events. In the case of postponement or cancellation of any of the Events, Organizer will carry over the registration fee to the following event cycle and reserves the right to substitute a pass for an event of equivalent cost in value.
- Provider Pass and Vendor Pass is Non-Refundable. Organizer does not issue refunds for the Provider Pass or Vendor Pass ticket type for any reason.
- No Subsequent Speaker Refunds. Paid attendees that later join as speakers are not entitled to a refund of fees paid for any ticket type.
- No Conversion to Sponsor Pass. Registered attendees cannot convert their passes to complimentary sponsor passes for any reason nor will Organizer issue a refund.
All intellectual property rights related to the Events including all content and all materials distributed in connection with the Events are owned by Organizer or the respective third-parties who have provided such content and materials to Organizer. You may not use or reproduce or allow anyone to use or reproduce any trademarks, copyrights, or other trade names (including without limitation those owned by "Organizer") appearing during the Events in any content or in any materials distributed at, during, or in connection with the Events for any reason without the prior written permission of Organizer.
For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to vest in you any legal or beneficial right in or to any trademarks or other intellectual property rights owned or used under license by Organizer; nor does this Agreement grant to you any right or license to any other intellectual property rights of Organizer, all of which shall at all times remain the exclusive property of Organizer.
Disclaimer of Warranties, Limitations and Liability
Organizer gives no warranties in respect of any aspect of the Events or any materials related thereto or offered at or during the Events and, to the fullest extent possible under the laws governing this Agreement, disclaims all implied warranties, including but not limited to warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy, timeliness, and merchantability. the Events are provided on an "as-is" basis. Organizer does not accept any responsibility or liability for reliance by you or any person on any aspect of the Events or any information provided at or during the Events.
Except as required by law, Organizer shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential costs, damages, or losses arising directly or indirectly from the Events or other aspect related thereto or in connection with this Agreement.
The maximum aggregate liability of Organizer for any claim in any way connected with, or arising from, the Events or this Agreement, whether in contract, tort, or otherwise (including any negligent act or omission), shall be limited to the amount of fees paid by you to Organizer under this Agreement.
Organizer's failure to exercise any right shall not be deemed a waiver of any further rights. Organizer shall not be liable for any failure to perform its obligations where such failure results from any cause beyond Organizer's reasonable control. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary for this Agreement to otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. This Agreement is not assignable, transferable, or sub-licensable by you except with Organizer's prior written consent. This Agreement shall be governed by the internal laws of the State of New York and the parties shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the federal and State courts located in the State of New York.
A party that substantially prevails in an action brought under this Agreement is entitled to recover from the other party its reasonable attorneys' fees and costs. Both parties agree that this Agreement is the complete and exclusive statement of the mutual understanding of the parties and supersedes and cancels all previous written and oral agreements, communications, and other understandings relating to the subject matter of this Agreement and that all modifications must be in a writing signed by both parties, except as otherwise provided herein.
No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment is created as a result of this Agreement and you acknowledge that you do not have any authority of any kind to bind Organizer in any respect whatsoever.
You are also subject to the following policies which govern your access to and use of the website, mobile app, conference, awards, and programs: